Deus Ex Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Double Mouse Cursor

After installing CrossOver Games 9.0, Deus Ex has had the problem of displaying a double mouse cursor.

The game displays both the intended in-game mouse cursor graphic (crosshairs), along with a white standard mouse arrow, overlapping each other. This is a new issue (at least for my configuration) that arose with CrossOver 9.0.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this - I have a ticket open on this issue ;
I'll add your voice to it...

Cheers!

I noticed that, too. But it happens to me seemingly at random. Close, open again, now it's fine. So I thought nothing of it.

Don, I could run some tests if you need them.

I'm running Crossover Games 9.0
OS X 10.6.3.
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 ghz
Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT with 128 mb VRAM

I have this as well, but I have a black mouse stuck in the middle of the screen and another mouse stuck at the top. I can navigate the initial game menus using cursor keys, but in-game, I'm unable to navigate character creation screens, etc.

Is there any possible workaround for this?

Nevermind. Solved it.

Crispy, can you tell us what the solution is?

Thanks!

I finally got the white cursor to stop jumping around by fiddling with resolution settings, but then there's a black cursor stuck in the middle of the screen, which is quite annoying. If I go to "Toggle Fullscreen" it disappears, but then the white cursor is stuck at the bottom of the screen. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,

As I mentioned above, the weird mouse business is a quirk introduced
by CXG-9.0 ; it has a support ticket lodged, I know the codeweavers
folks are working on it...we just have to wait a little ...

Cheers!

Edit: I just noticed one of the codeweavers crew posted the following;

[i]- In Crossover Games 9.0 there is an irritating "double-mouse" issue.
This is fixed in the upcoming CX Games 9.1 pre-release builds.[/i]

...so there's your answer ;)

Thanks, Don. That's good to know. In Deus Ex, I cleared this up by adjusting the resolution settings. Although I wasn't able to navigate the normal menus, when I reinstalled (after deleting local content) it gave me a different pop-up kind of menu that I could navigate using my mouse. In that menu, I was able to set the resolution to the screen size on my mac, and from there, it was all good.

The news about the mouse issue, might be good for a couple other games that are still having some mouse issues.

Yeah, I saw your recent postings and noticed you bump into that issue a number
of times...it sems to manifest itself slightly differently from platform to
platform, game to game etc...but hopefully the forthcoming fix will prove
to remedy all those games so affected...<fingers crossed>...

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibkt6YXdXWTlaSnpXNWNNcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9