Deus Ex Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Working now in 9.0

I'm running Crossover Games 9.0
OS X 10.6.3.
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 ghz
Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT with 128 mb VRAM

I'm playing the Steam version of Deus Ex Game of the Year edition.
At first, my mouse was stuck at the top. After trying a few different resolutions (none of which were my Mac Resolution, and none of which worked), the game at one point crashed and gave me the lucky opportunity to run in safe mode, optimize the video, etc.

One thing you might do is delete local content and reinstall.

I allowed Deus Ex to detect my system setting, and then I opened it in safe mode, and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure which one did the trick, but the mouse works and the game plays beautifully.

I'll keep an eye here from time to time, and if you have the same problem, I'll at least take a shot at walking you through the settings until we find out what works.

Hello, just used the c4p file to install the Deus Ex GOTY edition, which was downloaded from direct2drive. At first I kept getting a critical error, and was unable to run the game, then I install the 1112fm patch. This allowed me to get to the first time setup menu. I found it strange that I wasn't prompted to enter the activation code sent to me by direct2drive. However now when I try to run deus ex, both normally and in safe mode, I get this error message:

"ReadFile beyond EOF 18669569+3/18669569

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- FGenerationInfo << <-FUnrealfileSummary << <-LoadSumary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad << <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <-UlinkerLoad::Verify <-UlinkerLoad::UlinkerLoad <- Uobject::GetPackageLinker <-UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class DeusEx.DeusExGameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine"

I am running Mac OSX 10.6.5 on a 15" Macbook pro 2.53GHz from late 2009

Perhaps I need to find the file to insert the activation code or something?

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoienpCdnBxSnNNRXF3ZDNySCIsImdkcHIiOjB9