Deus Ex Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Not working in 9.1.0!

Hello, just used the c4p file to install the Deus Ex GOTY edition, which was downloaded from direct2drive. At first I kept getting a critical error, and was unable to run the game, then I install the 1112fm patch. This allowed me to get to the first time setup menu. I found it strange that I wasn't prompted to enter the activation code sent to me by direct2drive. However now when I try to run deus ex, both normally and in safe mode, I get this error message:

"ReadFile beyond EOF 18669569+3/18669569

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- FGenerationInfo << <-FUnrealfileSummary << <-LoadSumary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad << <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <-UlinkerLoad::Verify <-UlinkerLoad::UlinkerLoad <- Uobject::GetPackageLinker <-UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class DeusEx.DeusExGameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine"

I am running Mac OSX 10.6.5 on a 15" Macbook pro 2.53GHz from late 2009

Perhaps I need to find the file to insert the activation code or something?

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

It's a bit difficult to ascertain exactly which release of this title
the C4P profile pertains to ... but it might not work with the D2D release.
Try installing Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7 package into the same bottle,
then try restarting the game -- this package is available int he 'Community
Supported' apps section of the cxinstaller GUI...

..let us know how you get on...

Cheers!

ps: please don't double-post ; one post is sufficient

Okay, installed the rendering package. No luck, still getting the same error message.
Is it necessary to install other packages such as DirectX? If so, what ones would be required.

Sorry about the double post, I wasn't sure if anyone would read my post soon enough and thought that posting it as a reply to someone else's post might get a quicker response. Won't happen again :)

Sometimes installing Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 6 works instead ;
other times to get the registration/activation process done, you have
to use Crossover Standard (not games) to get it done...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXGamesGamersGate

Cheers!

I made and tested the C4P with the original CD release bought 10-aug 2000, I dont know if the patch mentioned is meant for the D2D release.

This is basically the biggest issue I think with many games, re-releases with changes of different DRM

Alexander wrote:

I made and tested the C4P with the original CD release bought 10-aug
2000, I dont know if the patch mentioned is meant for the D2D
release.

This is basically the biggest issue I think with many games,
re-releases with changes of different DRM

Hi,

Okay, in that case the C4P profile is incomplete (and why it confused me) -- it needs a new CD profile
portion added to it so it can be identified correctly. Currently, the C4P profile refers to anything but
a disc based release. I don't have the disc based release, so someone who does have it will need to add
the relevant information required.

Cheers!

C4P has been adjust to check for a specific file & content on the original CD, also added some text to state its for the original release of 2000

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYTN4Zmh4bW1IRnk2NmFuOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9