Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (2001) Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game Crash with Direct3D

The Video Test of Lord of Destruction crashes Crossover Games on Mac OS X Lion as soon as it comes to the Direct3D part. Simulate desktop is active in the wine configuration, otherwise it hangs with a white screen. Consequently LoD also crashes at startup time as long as Direct3D is selected. Workaround: Skipping the Video Test and selecting Direct2D gets LoD to work, but I've only briefly played it.

I have the same problem, I am also running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 using CrossOver Games 10.1.2. Using Direct3D Diablo II LOD launches, but I get a white screen; after 2 minutes of the white screen it disappears and am greeted with the logon screen. When I try to join/create it takes another 2 minutes and it exits with an connection error.

Upon using DirectDraw 2D, I am able to login/create games, but upon game play there is a noticeable fast pace motion. Its not fluid and there is a noticeable lag. The workaround is to run the game in DirectDraw using window mode using 800x600 resolution. The screen under window mode is quite small, but its playable. I would like to run the game in full screen using 800x600 res.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Joshua

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZnNnYUFOZkJGbWhVd2NxdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9