Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (2001) Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DII: LOD on Mac OS 10.5.8

I'm trying to run the Diablo II: Lord of Destruction expansion on my MacBook using CrossOver Games but doing so results in this message:

Command error text:
winewrapper.exe:error: cannot start L"D:\Lord of Destruction Installer" (error 31)

I think it has to do with the fact the game is attempting to run as a OS 8/9 rather than as a Windows app. Can anyone help me with this?

It is unfortunately not possible to run classic in OSX otherwise I would do so!

You might try registering your CD keys on Battle.net. Then I believe you're issued new CD keys for a downloadable version of the game. You'll be able to download either the Windows or Mac version at that point. Download the Windows version and try following my procedures in Tips & Tricks related to the installing the Battle.net version of the game.

Good luck!

Like Aaron said. I have downloaded and installed Diablo II on multiple computers using the Battle.net Windows installer and CrossOver. The only issue occurs when the game tries to run fullscreen. No video is displayed. So, I manually run the game by choosing Run Command… from the Programs menu and choose the Diablo II.exe file under Browse… Then, I add -w to the end of the file path so that it looks like this:

"/Users/username/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Diablo II/drive_c/Program Files/Diablo II/Diablo II.exe -w"

The game runs in Windowed Mode, but has no issues at all during game play.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRTlIUmZyZzJCaHNhZ1JHRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9