Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (2001) Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 13 and Direct3D

I run Fedora 20 64bit and with version 12.5 everything was fine.

Then I upgraded (click 13.0 rpm on the download page, give sudo password, done) and double checked in the GUI it uses the 13.0 version.

Ever since I cannot run Diablo2 LoD 1.13c in direct3d any more. In the video test it offers twice directdraw 2d and once 3dfx.

Trying to force Direct3D via registry didn't work, it falls back to directdraw (you can see it, because the colours are more aggresive in directdraw).

I haven't tested to roll back to 12.5 yet.

graphic: AMD 6970M with the open radeon driver

I replied to your other post about the same problem. I can't reproduce this here (Gentoo, Nvidia 331). In the meantime I've also tried this with CrossOver 13.

But since you have Glide installed and apparently working, why use d3d mode? Afaics the game's glide renderer offers a higher resolution than the others (1024x768 vs 800x600).

I created a new bottle and reinstalled everything.
3dfx glide is gone and the game works with direct3d now.

not sure what happened...

Cool, thanks for confirming!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid1IzZHNrZTh0eVVya21kWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9