Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (2001) Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing LoD but nothing happens?

So I installed regular D2 a couple of weeks ago - everything worked great. Now I've just finished installing LoD, but when I start the game it's as if the expansion isn't installed at all. I can still access my old characters and play just fine, but nothing from the expansion seems to be installed, even though the installation was a success?

Be sure you are using the "launcher" icon labeled "Diablo II - Lord of Destruction". If you are using a "launcher" icon labeled "Diablo II" well, that is the launcher for the non-expansion/"vanilla" version of the game. If you don't see a "launcher" icon labeled "Diablo II - Lord of Destruction" in your bottle's "Programs" list, you can create one using the RUN COMMAND.

I ran in the same issue.
Downloaded the LOD installer. After installing Diablo 2.
Made sure when running the installer to select the same bottle as target where Diablo 2 was installed.
The installer worked, but It did not do anything to the vanilla Diablo install on first try.
After finishing the process it exited weirdly.
I think because the installer file was in the mac downloads folder and I ran it from there.

After that I copied the LOD installer file inside the bottle where Diablo 2 was installed. and ran it from there.
This did the trick. The install worked as expected and upgraded Diablo 2 to Lord Of Destruction.

Do you open LoD with -w option?

I want to open it on full screen, but didn't success without -w and the opened window is quite small.

Crossover is stable but only opens it on small screen.

Parallels can open it on full screen but unstable.

Ryuji wrote:

Do you open LoD with -w option?

I want to open it on full screen, but didn't success without -w and
the opened window is quite small.

Crossover is stable but only opens it on small screen.

Parallels can open it on full screen but unstable.

I responded to you in this thread:
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/diablo-ii-lord-of-destruction/?;msg=235737

There's no reason to post the exact same question in multiple threads. This thread has nothing to do with your question.

The problem is that the Battle.net downloader does not download a complete Installer Folder for Lord of Destruction, because it's missing the file, installer.exe. You can run a full installation of Diablo II Lord of Destruction Expansion by creating the Installer Folder on either a BootCamp Partition or a Windows Machine, copying it with all files to your mac Hard Drive, and using the complete Installer folder, and the installer.exe as the installer file, to complete the installation. Otherwise, you can just install the base Diablo II game which runs fine.

Does that make sense?

-Kaos Nova

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTVY3bmFObkc5Tkp1dHdCNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9