Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (2001) Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error 25: "A critical error has occurred while initializing Direct3D" ... workaround

I have a dual SLI nvidia box. While running CxPro 9.1 on ubuntu 10.04 I get this error. I did not seem to have this issue before I completely rebuilt the box around SLI and the new ubuntu...however there is a nice workaround.

1) Fresh WinXP bottle with core fonts and modern Direct X in it
2) installed from battle.net (register your games, get a new code...no cd required)

to get around this issue:
1) open manage bottles, selecting the bottle you installed the game into
2) Control Panel - Wine Configuration
3) Graphics tab: turn on Emulate virtual desktop. You may also want to turn on the "stop the mouse from leaving window"

your game should run nicely now. My desktop seems to brighten while running the game...this is most probably my native drivers reacting to what wine is doing to some gamma setting, but it is workable.

Forgot one thing: while you have the control panel open, do not forget to select a sound module.

Awesome, no more disk swapping 😊

I have created the bottle according to your description but I keep getting an error stating "There was a problem authenticating your download. Please go to...."

Anyone run into this?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidzJSd1hYTTY2NXV2NlRKOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9