Diablo II: Resurrected Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Help, how to run Diablo II Resurrected on MacOs 11.5.2?

I've been reading a lot and so far no one has managed to run it but does anyone know if there are CrossOver plans to support it?

Hi there,

Diablo 2: Resurrected is a Direct3D 12 game, and it is currently not possible to get games using that graphics API on CrossOver Mac. Supporting Direct3D 12 games is definitely a priority for us (and one that we have already been working on for years), but we don't have support yet.

Best,
Meredith

Any indication that it might work soon? ("Already been working on for years" doesn't seem very hopeful) 😅

Hi there,

I'd be surprised if we got it working on Mac in time for the CrossOver 22 release due out next year, but I'm hopeful it won't be too long after that. Our development team has been working hard on laying the groundwork to allow for DirectX 12 support - which is no easy feat with Metal - and this is still an ongoing priority for us.

Best,
Meredith

5 2

We hope that for CrossOver 22 we have this important update, you can developer team!

There's no real way to play Diablo 2 Resurrected with a Mac unless you're using a remote server which runs windows. If Crossover could create this functionality, they'd have no competition. It's a demand by 1000s right now.

This is the only game I need Crossover support on. Def would have purchased on the spot if it had worked on my M1 Mac. Patiently awaiting support.

Is the CrossOver support for this game available now? I really want to remember my teenagerhood now, and I don’t want to look for my old Windows Laptop now. I was a huge Diablo fan, and all my friends knew I was good at it.

CraigZmeyka wrote:

Is the CrossOver support for this game available now? I really want to remember my teenagerhood now, and I don’t want to look for my old Windows Laptop now. I was a huge Diablo fan, and all my friends knew I was good at it.

No. D2:R will not work in MacOS using Crossover as of today (2022-09-21). It will work in certain versions of Linux.

If you want to play Diablo II/Diablo II: LoD in MacOS using Crossover, you can do that. The original game and its expansion work very well in Crossover. You can even use PlugY.

Why don't the codeweavers team go out and adress this?
They made the press release of having support for D2:r but have not answered anything regarding that it does not work with v22...

Erik P Magnusson wrote:

Why don't the codeweavers team go out and adress this?
They made the press release of having support for D2:r but have not answered anything regarding that it does not work with v22...

You misread the release. It states that D2:R is working in Crossover 22 FOR LINUX, not Crossover 22 for Mac. The issue is DirectX 12. Codeweavers continues to work on DirectX 12 compatibility for Mac. There isn't anything for them to address beyond what they have already stated.

The message above from Carl Wilcox is SPAM.

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieE1LVU1OSDk5cWVVZ1BHeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9