Diablo II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

OS X 10.7.X

Since OS X Lion 10.7.X removed support for Rosetta, the only way to play Diablo 2 is via Wine.

Now, I tried in OS X 10.6.8 to run Diablo 2 in Crossover games and it works great. I was able to run full screen mode at whatever resolution it defaults to.

Now in OS X 10.7.8, Diablo 2 has become unplayable in full screen mode. There are major graphical glitches.
I run it in emulated desktop and it chooses 800x600 windowed mode, even if I put in a higher screen resolution. It works in windowed mode. It is not ok to play at 800x600 windowed mode.

I set my desktop resolution to 800x600 and it still doesn't work full screen.

Automatic graphics switching on/off does not change this behavior.

Tested on
OS X 10.7.4 and OS X 10.7.3

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4

Video Cards:
AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Intel HD Graphics 3000

Any help?

...which version of crossover?...

Does DII have an internal resolution setting? Try doing a windowed app and enter the resolution of your mac minus the menu bar at top and see if after the app starts in 800 res you can change it inside the game.
Also what Don said "What version of crossover?

If you have latest v12 version of CX or above, try Experimental Mac Driver option.
It works for me, see Tips&Tricks for details for game.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicXB1UmF6ZG5tNGFndlJTVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9