Diablo II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Diablo II: LOD CDROM issue...
Anonymous

I use Gentoo Linux and with a CDRW and DVDRW. Installation went fine, but after I mount CDRW drive which has the LOD disk(orig) it's asking for the CD.

Here is my fstab:

/dev/hda1 /boot ext3 noauto,noatime 1 1
/dev/hda3 / reiserfs noatime 0 0
/dev/hda2 none swap sw 0 0

CDRW

/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /mnt/cdrom auto user,noauto,ro,exec 0 0

DVDRW

/dev/cdroms/cdrom1 /mnt/dvd iso9660 noauto,ro,users,exec 0 0

NOTE: The next line is critical for boot!

none /proc proc defaults 0 0

glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for

POSIX shared memory (shm_open, shm_unlink).

(tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk, and will

use almost no memory if not populated with files)

Adding the following line to /etc/fstab should take care of this:

none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

Anonymous

I've tried several options, from using the DVD drive to messing with fstab setting for the individual drives but no luck still...

Anonymous

Doesn't make sense since I was able to install Diablo II and LOD after using "mount /dev/cdrom"

Anonymous

This is the Device section of my config file.

[Drive C]
"Path" = "fake_windows"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "fake_windows"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Codepage" = "0"

[Drive M]
"Path" = "/mnt/cdrom"
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Label" = "CD-ROM M"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Device" = "auto"

[Drive N]
"Path" = "/mnt/dvd"
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Label" = "CD-ROM N"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Device" = "auto"

Anonymous

I too am having the same problem with Gentoo using Crossover Office v.4.0. Installation went as usual, I mounted the Play disk(which is an original) but when starting Diablo II Crossover Office can't find the CD.

Hello Anonymous,

I have Gentoo on my laptop and I will look into this in a couple days.
My only suggestion would be to try 4.2 as there has been allot of updates since

Tom

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWnFySzI0dXJ1VWhjd1BuTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9