Diablo II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game crashes and "failed to initialize" when attempting to login to Battle.net

Hello - would appreciate any assistance getting battle.net working. LOD single player works fine, but the game crashes as soon as I click on Battle.net. I'm on 1.14D. Thanks for any help with this!

Please share your system specs: Mac model, amount of RAM, video card, version of MacOS, and version of Crossover. It would also be helpful to know the details of the Crossover bottle in which you're trying to run Diablo II.

The "game crashes as soon as I click on Battle.net" sounds like you are running a mod which Battle.net doesn't like. Try running the plain-vanilla game with no mods.

However, even if you manage to get into "closed" Battle.net, while you will be able to create an account and characters, you will not be able to create or join games. I don't know why but Diablo II in Crossover fails to get the character into the game, the character gets stuck at the "robed-guy-waits-at-a-door" graphic. I can run the MacOS version of the game (in MacOS Mojave) and can get into games with no trouble, but the Windows version of the game in Crossover (in MacOS Big Sur) fails there even though single-player and even non-Bnet multiplayer works great.

If there's no way to get into open bnet, that's actually all I needed to know. I'm running vanilla D2 on Big Sur, macbook pro, no mods. Single player will suffice. Thanks for the info!

You can get into "open" Battle.net and join TCIP/IP games. You can't get into "closed" Battle.net games, though.

Ah, yeah, got the terms mixed up. Thank you - word!

When Resurrected comes out, there will a whole lot of people wanting to play multiplayer. I am hoping there can be something done about it.

Robert, although the underlying game engine for D2R is the same as D2, the networking code is going to be completely different – and of course the graphics engine running on top of the game engine is completely new. We'll have to see how D2R works under Crossover after the game is released and some brave folks give it a try and report to the rest of us.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidGVRRU1WUXhZa05ycVJOeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9