Diablo II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Graphics not working

Hi there,

I'm using Debian Sarge 3.1 and I've installed Diablo II. The Install finished without any problems, but because of problems with the play disc, I couldn't start from the cd. Because of this, I downloaded a No-cd crack so my cd would become unnecesarry. My problem is now however that despite I have a Geforce 4 GO 64mb graphics card and the newest NVIDIA Linux drivers, Diablo II comes with an error like this:

Error 22: A critical error has occurred while initializing DirectDraw.

And when I run the VidTest application, the application finds no possible modes... How can this be and how do I fix it?.. I use CrossOver Office 5.0

It might be that it can't change the screen resolution. Try forcing the video test and the game to run in a window as described in the "tips and tricks" tab. If that works then your X configuration probably isn't letting it change the screen size.

I've seen CD issues with old versions of the game that go away if you patch to the latest version (1.11b as of right this minute).

Check your X config (/etc/X11/xorg.conf). You need to make sure your display has settings for all the lower resolutions. Some distros do not add these anymore.

SubSection "Display"
  Depth           8
  Modes           "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
EndSubSection

It should look like that. Do the same for all the other color depths.

The new cxoffice 5.0.3 appears to support the xrandr extension for changing the resolution. On my machine, that enables a bunch more modes than xvidmode did, even some that are not explicitly listed in the X config file. So, you might want to try it again with the new version.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTk1LNHFnZHV4UXdyVUMzRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9