Diablo II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing D2 with CD on Mac CrossOver Games

Ok ive read the threads but i only found linux stuff not mac. But my problem is that when i try to I insert the D2 Cd it doesnt let me open it with the install unsupported. The D2 installer doesnt open. Can anyone give me hints on how to install it? or any other way? Thanks sorry if its been posted.

Ok i have found a way to get diablo 2 and LoD to work on crossover Mac for OS X users. Since you have the CD keys for the games you can simply go to us.battle.net/account/ , create an account and with the CD keys, add the games to your account. you can then download a digital copy of the game and then install it using crossover games. let the game fully install then exit the diablo 2 installer screen while leaving the cross over one up until it is done. Before you attempt to play the game first us the video tester under the bottle you installed it in. Best to use a new win2000 and name it diablo 2. you then install the expansion into the same bottle. hope this helps!

It appears that you don't even need crossover anymore to install this game. By registering it at battlenet you are able to download a client for mac. Just FYI

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia2R4YnA5dGJ0c0FwUUhFbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9