Diablo II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Suse Pro 9.1
Anonymous

I had originally had Suse Pro 9.0 install and Crossover Office worked perfect. Now I have upgraded to Suse 9.1, and D2 install went perfect, Video check went perfect, Imade the adjustments to the config file but when starting all I get is a nice black window'd nothing... :(

It works great for me with RedHat 9. Did you make sure to set the Windows version to Win2k? Also, how long did you wait? Sometimes it takes a while for it to come up and you just get the blank window during the wait time.

One other thing you can try is to manually download the patch to the latest version of the game via FTP and run that first.

Anonymous

Yes I installed it with the OS ver of Win2k. I followed the same proceedure as I did with Suse 9.0 which worked wonderfully.

Anonymous

But still I get a black window and nothing(I waited for over 5mins) comes up :(

Hate to ask this but... is your validation media an original or a copy?

when i was testing with a copy of Diablo II LOD and had a copy of the LOD disc to validate i found that it would successfully launch only about 1 out of 5 times, otherwise i would get just a black window as it kept trying to validate the media.

Others in the office with original CDs did not have this problem.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicVdzNnhXenhjQ3ptTWJrayIsImdkcHIiOjB9