Diablo II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Diablo 2

I downloaded a test version of crossover 6.0.1 and I installed Diablo 2. There was no problem to install the game but it doesn't run. If I try to make it run nothing happens.

Due to CD copy protection the game will not run currently. We are working on copy protection for a future release. It used to be the case that you could install the game into a win2000 bottle and that would disable the copy protection. I'm not sure if that is the case anymore.

I was just browsing the programs that I am trying to deal with, I like your program by the way, and came across diablo 2. I am wondering why, because the disc I have for D2 and D2LOD are both win and mac on the same cd. I just installed D2 without using crossover, and while the graphics are a bit squiggly(256 only vs. millions o'colors) it works just fine, I downloaded my accounts no problem, etc. Have any of your clients tried to do a mac install instead of a pc? Or is it not one of the options on their cd version. Just wondering. Thanks for previous assists on Final Fantasy XI and I hope Vampire the Masquerade. Jason Reeves

It works fine for me (including the CD check) with the current version (using win2000 bottle). I complain loudly any time this breaks, and I test it regularly with both Wine and CXOffice. Please check the "tips and tricks" and "known issues" tabs here for common issues. I keep those up to date with anything I come across.

To keep mine happy I set the cd drive to look at /media/lod for the Z: drive. I hand mount the disc before I play each time. I've been doing this since 6.0.0.

sudo mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda /media/lod
diabloii -w

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZEdOdUdkS2FuRUxRMlVLciIsImdkcHIiOjB9