Diablo II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Diablo II in 3.0

I give this game a Gold as it has played perfect!
At this time i'm playing the Demo version but I think ill
buy the full version now. The demo created Desktop and Start Menu shortcuts
for me as well.

Here is what I have in my config.

[AppDefaults\\diablo II.exe\\x11drv]
; Diablo II
"Desktop" = "1024x768"
"Managed" = "N"

Tom

Jon, if you're reading this forum, can you look at the known issues you added from 2.1.0 and see if you still have them? Except for the one where I worked around it by disabling ntpd, I haven't seen those happen with 3.0.0 and the latest game version, and I've been pla^H^H^Htesting a fair bit.

Also, I haven't played this on Windows in a very long time (over a year) but I seem to remember sometimes there it could take a long time to load as well, and sometimes I would have to click on game objects multiple times for it to register. Now I'm tempted to go find a Windows machine and see what it does if I adjust the system clock while the game is running.

One thing I know from the log files is that recent versions of the game try to change the cursor to an animated icon while it's loading so the user gets some feedback, and those API calls are not yet supported in Wine.

Oh yeah, no gold rating from me until:

• I don't see that crash on exit when I run the auto-update -- It can be hard to switch to the popup window to close it and let the update continue

• There is something easy like a button in the Office Setup GUI to mount/unmount when switching the CDs during the installation process as many users have had trouble with that

Both of those are install-related. The game itself is already pretty much perfect.

I'm now running stock SuSE 9.1 with CrossOver 3.0.1. The game installs fine, but when I try to play it, it can't find the CD in the drive, much like one of the other guys in this thread. I'm a technical moron, so I dunno if this is "supermount" related or not. Hmmm... and my sorceress was just gettin' comfy in hell....

What is the error message? If it just says "insert disc" or something like that then it's definitely a drive mounting issue. If it says something more verbose then it's coming from the CD check, and I've only ever seen that if I didn't set the Windows version to Win2k, but I guess it could still be mounting related.

Anonymous

suse 9.1 uses subfs for automountion, which might cause some problems. Try cedega (winex) or manually mounting (?).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3RGVG1jWkNicm1WZlVjeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9