Diablo II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Issues on Mandrake 10.0 Community

Hi All,

I have got 2 issues that are keeping from enjoying the wonders of D2 from on LINUX ;)

1. The install goes fine up until the very end, when the video test runs, it can't find any supported video modes. (and, yes I did set the OS to Win2k when I installed)

2. When I attempt to run D2, it can't find the play disc in the CD ROM. I have tried ejected the disc, umount'ing and re-inserting, no dice.

Hardware run down:
P4 2.8 with h/t
ATI 9700 Mobility. I just installed the fglrx driver, and compiled/installed the klm. testing with fgl_glxgears is successful.
1G of RAM

Anonymous

Okay, I fixed issue 2 by disabling supermount (just found out cxoffice has issues with supermount in Mandrake, funny, the first 2 times I installed D2 cxoffice didn't mention that at all)

Still can't get the video to detect D3D or DD.

Oh, and what about 3D sound, anyone got that to work???

For the video test, one thing that I know can make it unhappy is if you do not use desktop mode and you only have one resolution in your XFree86 configuration. Try forcing the video test inside a desktop window like this:

[AppDefaults\\D2VidTst.exe\\x11drv]
; Diablo II Video Test
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

If that works, let me know and I'll add it to the tips!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMmZmZ2NSa0xiUDVxeHV3NiIsImdkcHIiOjB9