Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Diablo Agent

Hi,

I'm new to crossover, i've installed the trial.

for the Diablo 3 tie, i've always this error : http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZPTS00007

dunno how to do next.

Hello,

Diablo 3 works with an unofficial build of Crossover. If it is available to you, it should be under My Downloads -> Unsupported Builds. Pick one of the files that has "diablo" in its name.

GUILLOIS François-Xavier wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to crossover, i've installed the trial.

for the Diablo 3 tie, i've always this error :
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZPTS00007

dunno how to do next.

I had the same problem, both with Wine and CX, so I tried POL (Play on Linux), and it ran perfectly.

I have same problem :(

This error often happens when the Agent.exe process gets separated from the Diablo III processes. The easiest way to reset what's happening is to reboot... the next easiest is to kill all of the Wine & Agent.exe processes that are running.

We have released CrossOver 11.1 which adds support for Diablo III. You can download this new version of CrossOver from your My Downloads page.

Caron Wills wrote:

This error often happens when the Agent.exe process gets separated
from the Diablo III processes. The easiest way to reset what's
happening is to reboot... the next easiest is to kill all of the
Wine & Agent.exe processes that are running.

We have released CrossOver 11.1 which adds support for Diablo III.
You can download this new version of CrossOver from your
[link=http://www.codeweavers.com/account/downloads/]My
Downloads[/link] page.

Well done! Now all run perfectly :)

Still see this issue with the Trial (says version 11.1) on OSX 10.6.8. Reboot didn't help.

Terpster wrote:

Still see this issue with the Trial (says version 11.1) on OSX
10.6.8. Reboot didn't help.

How did you install? Did you use our 'crosstie' to install, or did you download an installer by hand and run that?

I am still having this problem, downloaded new version, used the crosstie, rebooted, still get the Failed to run a required program (Agent) error.

When you have a problem, please try to provide as much info as possible, like:

• operating system and version
  • system specification: cpu, amount of ram, video card make and model
  • crossover version

It's hard to guess where your problem lies. Have you looked at the "Tips & Tricks" section?

I downloaded the windows version of the client, then clicked on the crosstie link on your diablo 3 app page and then pointed the install process at the downloaded d3 client. After it failed I deleted the bottle, rebooted my Mac, and repeated the process. No luck unfortunately. It gets to the part where the diablo setup process is updating setup files, and then pops up the message about agent.exe and needing to retry.

If the process drops a log file somewhere that would be helpful I'd be happy to provide it.

Thanks

If you are using a Mac why don't you use the native mac version of the game that Blizzard provides?

well for me I am also using a mac and I am trying to do the windows version because the native mac version asks for admin password which I do not have. :P

1 to 13 of 13

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVGNaQkFkcFpxTFE2VkNHMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9