Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problem with nvidia twinview (Two monitors)

If run diablo 3 on crossover XI while my two screens are running on nvidia twinview, the game will start in a windowed 1024x768 resolution. The option to change Windowed to Fullscreen is masked out, and so is the option to change the resolution.

I was able to get by this problem using the following steps:

1. Turn off twinview (fall back to only 1 screen)
  2. Run the game
  3. Change settings to Windowed Fullscreen
  4. Click apply (game will crash)
  5. Turn back twinview (2 screens back running)
  6. Run the game
    and now the game will start fullscreen in one of the screens with the max resolution of that screen and the other screen is still usable.

The game works perfectly but the above steps are kind of annoying. world of warcraft used to work while twinview is enabled without any problem.

I know this is pretty much the same thing you've already explained, but some might prefer one workaround over the other (others might not care at all).

When I run into these resolution type problems, I usually go to the config file and replace the resolution section with whatever I need.

I can't say that I've tested it yet (need a bigger table, before I've got room for another monitor! >:( currently too sick to be bothered). In most games I've had these kinds of issues it works.

Again, I'm aware it doesn't make a lot of difference (if any) compared to your workaround, I just prefer the config files, others might feel the same.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQUc5YkYydnpZZHJacnRkZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9