Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Diablo 3 performance issue

Hi,

Firtsly +1 on how easy Crossover makes Wine. I am currently trying out the trial version and I am tempted to purchase just a few niggles though.

I have successfully installed Diablo 3 (as well as Starcraft 2) and my FPS in both games are disimle... way to low to make the games playable (and I have set all the settings to their lowest, only keeping the resolution = to my monitors naitive resolution of 1920x1080).

In Windows the games fly.

System specs:
i7 - 3.4Ghz
Radeon 6850
8GB RAM
etc...
Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit (added now, forgot to mention initially)

Am I missing some tweaking parameters or something?

Regards
Neil

Turn off shadows from the Graphics menu of the game and set it to use one or at maximum two of the cores (check the tips and tricks section). On my i5-2500k, one core is, so far, the best option

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Turn off shadows from the Graphics menu of the game and set it to
use one or at maximum two of the cores (check the tips and tricks
section). On my i5-2500k, one core is, so far, the best option

Thanks for the fast response... I have disabled everything possible and I also tried setting the Affinity (I left Core 0 and 1 as I suspect that would translate to the first core and it's hyper threading enabled).

I have been playing around with the resolution too now, and dropping it right off to 1280xX (can't remember completely but it was to keep the aspect ratio at 16:9) and I did get FPS dancing between 40 and 5... but with some terrible artifacts and graphical glitches... Most annoying bouncing between Windows and Ubuntu (which reminds me, I forgot to add to OP that I am running Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit).

Cheers
Neil

Oh wow... tried it today and it is playing flawlessly even with very high settings... very weird!

Neil

Maybe you ran into issues with ping times.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUU5RnNSWkZ6aHY1ejd4NCIsImdkcHIiOjB9