Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New Authentication Bug with patch 1.02b (2012-06-06)

So, I've experienced this personally and it seems the diablo iii forums are full of wine users experiencing this behavior (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5633978306).

Basically, it's hanging on authentication again and console output is just a neverending stream of:

Handle Event: "auth validation event"

The usual suspects of the ptrace_scope and pkcs11 library linking aren't cutting it. Anectdotal evidence from a friend suggests that crossover/wine users are authenticated (eg, we show up in friend channels a being online) but whatever event is supposed to take them forward to the next set of screens is not being handled correctly.

Anyone have any fixes? Hard to mark it as supported when users can't get past the login.

Issue is being tracked on the wineforums at: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30849

I agree, although mine seems to hang at the "Retrieving Hero List" section but is otherwise the same.

Same here.. stuck at Retrieving Hero List.

Holding off on buying Crossover until resolved.

I unfortunately bought in just 2 days ago after seeing D3 ran great when we were still "unsupported". But before I get too crazy I will hold out to see how they respond.

I am having the exact same problem. after entering my password it loads and gets stuck at the authenticating page. im dying for an answer as well

Hello,

Running Diablo III like this should work:

setarch i386 -3 /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxrun --bottle=Diablo\ III --command=$HOME/.cxoffice/Diablo\ III/drive_c/Program\ Files/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.exe 

LE: Post updated, fixed typo.

Fixed! THANKS MAN

? Didn't make the slightest difference... still hangs on Retrieving Hero List.

STDOUT just starts repeating:

Every few seconds...

e.g.,

Request Issued: GET /game/diablo3_enus

Response: 200
{
    "install_dir" : "C:/Program Files/Diablo III",
    "launch_path" : "C:/Program Files/Diablo III/Diablo III.exe",
    "selected_locale" : "enUS",
    "current_version" : 9950.000000,
    "supports_multibox" : false,
    "switcher" : false,
    "use_sparse" : false,
    "operations" : [
        {
            "gamesession" : "/gamesession/diablo3_enus"
        }
    ],
    "playable" : true,
    "ever_playable" : true,
    "last_played" : 391825224481305860.000000,
    "update_progress" : 100.000000,
    "needs_rebase" : false,
    "product" : "D3",
    "patch_url" : "http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch",
    "config_url" : "http://ak.worldofwarcraft.com.edgesuite.net/d3-pod-retail/NA/d3-9950-48C06A459F46420144BEF5AC2ED68BDE-ruRU.xml",
    "mfil_hash" : "77849E95A0200DA5BFA37DD1D486BE1C",
    "torrent_hash" : "C8E91EAF5D0B671F96577CA40C34B92E",
    "installed_locales" : [
        "enUS"
    ],
    "display_locales" : [
        "enUS",
        "esMX",
        "ptBR",
        "koKR",
        "zhTW",
        "deDE",
        "esES",
        "frFR",
        "itIT",
        "plPL",
        "ruRU"
    ],
    "base_bytes" : [
    ],
    "patch_application_complete" : true,
    "perform_ogg_to_wav" : false,
    "download_complete" : true,
    "speed" : 2307024.000000,
    "baseline" : ""
}
Removing uri "/update/diablo3_enus" since it has no process interested in it.
Request Issued: DELETE /update/diablo3_enus
Database Remove: /update/diablo3_enus
Queue 'async_task' Resource for delete
Deferred delete of 'async_task' Resource

There is a running thread on this being something affecting all Wine users here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5592457019

I found this to work (same idea as above but further params to limit memory):

setarch i386 -3 -L -B -R /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxrun --bottle=Diablo\ III --command=$HOME/.cxoffice/Diablo\ III/drive_c/Program\ Files/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.exe

I am curious - how is others' mileage with the setarch fix?

I've played for about an hour and a half while trying to confirm a system crash someone was reporting and I experienced no issues.

This worked for me :

setarch i386 -3 cxoffice/bin/cxrun --bottle=Diablo\ III --command=/home/diablo3/.cxoffice/Diablo\ III/drive_c/Program\ Files/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.exe

I also had trouble installing the patch. I had to delete it on severals place because it tells me the files was corrupt.

I'm having the same issue with Diablo 3 v1.02b Patch, not sure when Blizzard is going to fix it.Diablo 3 1.02b

1 to 13 of 13

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicVNkTHZnWW1BeFFtZ2VTZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9