Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unsupported diablo-version of crossover not found

It seems that the diablo-versions of crossover are not on the server. Here is a link to the folder where they should be located:

http://media.codeweavers.com/pub/crossover/unsupported/linux/

I see the links to the diablo-version files, but clicking on any of them returns the following message:
The requested URL /pub/crossover/unsupported/linux/crossover-diablo.i386.rpm was not found on this server.

I assume they have been recently removed for whatever reason... hopefully so a new version can be uploaded soon. Anyone else able to access these files at the moment?

Any particular reason you are running the unsupported builds? Btw, those files with "diablo" in their names where a set of builds Codeweavers prepared before they launched version 11.1.0 that included support for D3

Joshua Purcell wrote:

It seems that the diablo-versions of crossover are not on the
server. Here is a link to the folder where they should be located:

Yes, these are gone because they are no longer relevant. CrossOver 11.1 incorporates all the changes which were previously published in the unsupported builds.

Those were only up for a couple of days after the D3 release. Once 11.1 came out, they were obsolete.

Thanks! I assumed the sticky thread that says to use the unsupported build found at the given link was another (possibly better) approach to getting past some issues I'm having. I wasn't aware that any changes found in that diablo unsupported-version was included in the most recent release.

Would it make sense to unsticky that top thread? Or at the least edit the instructions found in that thread to reflect the current best practices for getting diablo running.

EDIT: The thread I'm referring to is at the following link:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=6277;forum=1;msg=125647

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV1Q0Rlg3SnhFRm1tZXZyNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9