Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing Diablo III... never ends

Hi,

I should mentioned that I'm pretty new with CrossOver and first game what I'm tried to install is Diablo3. However it seems that CrossOver installer stuck on "Installing Diablo III..." step even when Diablo3 launcher on background fully download and install all updates. What I should do? (Cancel this step?).

I just updated crossover and reinstalled Diablo III fresh about 2 days ago.Mine did the same thing.
I just let it sit for a while, even though it visually looks like it is sitting idle.

It did eventually finish. I'd try letting it sit there for an hour or two if it takes
that long for you. I don't think it took quite that long though. Just be patient.

When this happened to me, I too let it sit. However I opened the CrossOver>Manage Bottles application, selected the bottle (mine was called Diablo III), and went to the advanced tab. I then selected "browse c: drive". If you wander to where Diablo III is installed, my installation completed immediately. This could only be a coincidence, but if anyone has any luck with this let us know...

It seems that the problem is that Diablo3 do not quit graceful (it still run as process even if Diablo3 launcher is closed) so CrossOver installer think that installing/updating process is still going on... In that case Diablo3 process must be killed manually.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkdSSnZUMzNNdXF1Y2drSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9