Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ubuntu 12.04, Radeon HD7870 barely playable

Hi All

Attempting to run Diablo III with this combo:

Ubuntu 12.04.01 64bit
CrossOver 12.1.0
Diablo III 1.0.6.13644
Radeon HD7870 - using driver installed from amd-driver-installer-catalyst-13.1-linux-x86.x86_64.run

With the following settings in D3:
Display: windowed
Vertial Sync: checked
Texture Quality: Low
Shadow Quality: Off
Physics: off
Clutter Denisty: off
Anti-Aliasing: unchecked
Low FX: checked

Then using Ctrl-R in game to show FPS.
Under windows on the same computer I have all setting on full and the game works flawlessly, the graphics cards doesn't even bat an eyelid. Connection is sometimes a little laggy due to playing on US server from Australia.
With this setup the game hovers around <= 20 FPS and is laggy but just playable.
I've tried setting the CPU affinity to 1 and 2 cores which seems to make no difference. (does CPU frequency scaling effect this ?)

Has anyone had any success with a simliar setup or have any additional tips or tricks that I could try.

Thanks
James

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieE11VnRGNzZKclczeTI0diIsImdkcHIiOjB9