Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

D3: Patch Required Loop

I just made a fresh install of Fedora 18. I freshly installed the latest version of Crossover 12.1.0 and copied my previously working ~/.cxoffice directory and put it back in place. LOTRO works just fine, but now I am getting an infinite "patch required" loop, but the launcher says the game is up to date.

I searched around followed directions based on the blizzard forum that says to do:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5592457234

1. Navigate to your Diablo III folder.
  2. Open the .agent.db file with WordPad.
  3. Find the "patch_url" line and change its value to:

http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

1. Save and close the file.
  2. Now delete the Agent folder in the Battle.net folder: (don't skip this step)

Windows 7/Vista

C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

(Note that ProgramData and Application Data are hidden folders.)

1. Delete the Updates folder. (Diablo III\Updates)
  2. Move the Diablo III.exe file out of the Diablo III folder.
  3. Run Diablo III Launcher as admin by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run as admin".

I have no idea how to go about running it as "admin" through crossover, but regardless experimenting with removing all these files and letting the launcher re-download the missing files, the infinite patch required loop continues.

Then I got smart and deleted the whole Diablo III bottle and downloaded the D3 installer from blizzards site "Diablo-III-Setup-enUS.exe" and installed 100% from scratch. Full download of game files and same issue from a brand new OS install.

Any ideas?

glxgears -info
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh. The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
GL_RENDERER = GeForce GTX 560/PCIe/SSE2
GL_VERSION = 4.2.0 NVIDIA 304.64
GL_VENDOR = NVIDIA Corporation
GL_EXTENSIONS = <too large to list>

I also installed D3: Public Test Realm that has patch 1.0.7 and had the same problem. I also shutdown my computer and booted up in the morning to see if that had any effect, but the same thing is happening.

To recap:

1) copying pre-installed files does not work
2) trying to fix the pre-installed files by deleting and letting the client patch it does not work
3) fresh bottle install of D3 and D3: Public Test Realm does not work.
4) Reboot/shutdown does not work

There does not appear to be any talk of people experiencing this problem lately. Most Google results are posts
from back in 2012. I have SELinux disabled and iptables stopped.

I am out of ideas.

I also did a yum update on the whole system to no avail.

D3 client version: 1.0.6.13644

Error:

A new patch for Diablo III is available. The game will now
close and apply the patch automatically. You will be able to
continue playing after the patch has been applied.

I never get to even type in my login/password because it stops you before getting that far.

The system has gone through 3 different kernel versions since it's fresh install.
All 3 exhibit the same issue.

Currently running: 3.7.6-201.fc18.x86_64

I forgot to mention. I had reinstalled Diablo III into a new bottle using
the CrossTie file found here: http://www.codeweavers.com/bin/c4p/6277
prior to installing the exe directly from Blizzards site with the same problem.

same problem here, with wine 1.5.23 on FreeBSD/amd64.
dont know what to do :(

problem solved: wine tried to load wrong libssl.so version (the 64bits).
i preloaded 32bits libssl.so and now every thing goes fine.

can you output wine debug ?

Ok, hopefully i can get some help here as ever since I upgraded to Ubuntu 13.10 I am stuck in the patch loop.

I see one person comment about pre- loading 32 bit libssl.so but I can not seem to figure out how to do that.

Has there been an update to this problem?

Thanks

Jesse

same problem here

Carl-Christian Fink wrote:

same problem here

I have also filed a ticket with Codeweaver support but no reply as of yet.

Has no one solved this?
Has everyone given up?

I can not be the only one with this issue, I am having to resorting to my Windoze laptop for a little D3 love.

I can not get past this dang bug.

Jesse McKinney wrote:

Has no one solved this?
Has everyone given up?

I can not be the only one with this issue, I am having to resorting
to my Windoze laptop for a little D3 love.

I can not get past this dang bug.

It would seem the standalone patcher for Diablo III is no longer being updated... so it sees the last update it was given and it says it's "up to date" but when the game itself is launched, there are more patches available.

Thus, reopening the standalone patcher.

I believe the only path to success is to have the new Battle.net desktop app installed, then add Diablo III to it (requiring a fresh install). We are working through simply adding the Battle.net desktop app to an old Diablo III bottle to see if we can triage the issue that way.

It would probably work just fine if they added the Batlle.net Desktop App to the bottle by using the available crosstie . In my tests it recognized the already existing installs and updated any game if required. I don't think a reinstall is needed but YMMV

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

It would probably work just fine if they added the Batlle.net
Desktop App to the bottle by using the available
crosstie
. In my tests it recognized the already existing installs and
updated any game if required. I don't think a reinstall is needed
but YMMV

You are correct good sir. It does fine if the Battle.net App is added to the existing bottle.

1 to 13 of 13

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSzdGY0h4aHRQV2FNVmdKYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9