Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Battle.net Launcher Crashing

Right after the 2.0.1 patch update, I was forced to update to the Battle.net Launcher. It would load up but crash almost immediately. I followed the steps here to conditionally disable dbghelp and all seems to be working.

Forum Post

Hmm, they (Blizzard) have even changed the installer. It now installs the Battle.net desktop App and which, in turn, will download and install the game. The current crosstie for this game installs the new launcher and sets everything up correctly. There might be problems for people who, like you, are being upgraded from the old launcher to the new one.

We've already had crossties on here that handle the installation of the B.net Desktop App (new launcher) and Hearthstone. I was the one that discovered the dbghelp trick during the Hearthstone closed beta, posted it to WineHQ and it propagated from there. I still wish there was a more elegant way than that though...

i had this running but with the dbghelp override, it still crashes within seconds. It acts like it is trying to pull somehting from web but crashes... even if i try to start install immediately, the launcher crashes. Strange, i got it to do it fine just the other day. I think this may have something to do with the maint this morning.

Edit... forgot to add: Kubuntu 14.04 x64.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZVRrZVlFRjVKdFBQUmZ5cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9