Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Patch 2.0.1 loosing mouse arrow

Since patch 2.0.1 I'm loosing the mouse arrow after some minutes in the game. I don't even need to start an actual game. Just starting Diablo III and clicking around in the menues at some point the mouse pointer will be lost. Only fix is to restart Diablo III completely.

Does anyone have an idea on what could cause this and how to fix it?

I haven't seen this on my system. Can you tell me your systems specs and post the output of either

~/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag

or

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag

enclosed between [code][/code] tags?

I'm seeing this too. The mouse pointer is fine until I mouse over something I want to attack.. then the pointer is gone. I can "recover" the mouse pointer by Alt+Tab and then click back into the game. It disappears again as soon as I mouse over a mob to attack though.

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag
[MissingLibGphoto2]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgphoto2.so.2 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access digital cameras."

[MissingLibHal]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libhal.so.1 library"
"Description"="This may be needed for Windows applications to automatically detect CD-ROM and USB key insertion."

[MissingLibOsmesa]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libOSMesa.so.6 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some games and CAD-like applications to perform off-screen rendering."

[MissingLibSane]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libsane.so.1 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access scanners."

[MissingLibTiff]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libtiff.so.4 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some applications that need to manipulate TIFF images in their user interface."

[Properties]
"display.depth"="24"

[Properties]
"opengl.vendor"="NVIDIA Corporation"

[Properties]
"opengl.version"="4.4.0 NVIDIA 331.38"

[Properties]
"opengl.renderer"="GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2"

EDIT: Dug up these two forum postings....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149535423?page=1

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197651855?page=1

So.. this could be simply a manifestation of a long standing cross-platform bug in the game itself?

I don't see anything wrong. File tickets as this is officially supported

I've been tinkering... and the simple "fix" that seems to work reliably is to run the game in windowed mode. If I run in full screen, the mouse cursor disappears as soon as I start any battle. In windowed mode, the game works perfectly.

Ugh, nasty. Happens on some systems but not others... so weird.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Find the output from /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag on my system below.

My specs are:
Kubuntu 13.10 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770T
GeForce GTX 460
16GB RAM

Let me know if I can tell you anything else.

I'll try the "<ALT>-<TAB>" workaround after posting this. would be useless in a fight-situation, but would at least be of some help.

[MissingLibGsm]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgsm.so.1 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications use the GSM codec for audio compression and decompression."

[MissingLibHal]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Description"="This may be needed for Windows applications to automatically detect CD-ROM and USB key insertion."

[MissingLibTiff]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Description"="This is needed by some applications that need to manipulate TIFF images in their user interface."

[Properties]
"display.depth"="24"

[Properties]

[Properties]
"opengl.version"="4.3.0 NVIDIA 319.60"

[Properties]
"opengl.renderer"="GeForce GTX 460/PCIe/SSE2"

Hm, well, since the game won't even start any more since 2.0.2 because it just hangs while loading the list of heroes, I guess I'll just... wait for something to happen to make it work again.

Hangs on the list of heroes... that sounds familar. You're not running the game by just clicking on the shortcut, are you? If you were.. then make yourself a little script with this content:

BOTTLE="Diablo_III"
setarch i386 -3 -L -B -R $HOME/cxoffice/bin/cxrun --bottle "$BOTTLE" "$HOME/.cxoffice/$BOTTLE/drive_c/Program Files/Battle.net/Battle.net Launcher.exe"

Name it something like diablo.sh, then run it with sh diablo.sh

Change $HOME/cxoffice/bin/cxrun with /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxrun if you installed using either the deb or the rpm package

Yes, you're right, after posting my last reply I remembered reading of that error before, too. Thank you for providing me with the anwser without having to search. ;)

That worked. And window-mode works for the mouse-pointer issue, too. So I'm back playing on linux. Thank you.

I am having this issue too :(

cxdiag :

[MissingLibCapi20]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libcapi20.so.3 library"
"Description"="Provides support for some ISDN cards. Very few applications need this."

[MissingLibGphoto2]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgphoto2.so.2 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access digital cameras."

[MissingLibHal]
"Level"="Suggest"

[MissingLibOsmesa]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libOSMesa.so.6 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some games and CAD-like applications to perform off-screen rendering."

[MissingLibTiff]
"Level"="Suggest"

[Properties]
"display.depth"="24"

[Properties]

[Properties]
"opengl.version"="4.4.0 NVIDIA 331.49"

[Properties]
"opengl.renderer"="GeForce GTX 550 Ti/PCIe/SSE2"

also have this bug. cursor more likely to disappear after trying sending messages through in-game chat

Guys, you should provide more details about your systems. So far, from reading the thread I see that a common place where this happens is KDE but I can't be sure... lack of info...

need to say KDE and Nvidia

1 to 14 of 14

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRlI4UFg2cFdBSjJ6NEs2WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9