Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

A little bit of an issue.

This one has me stumped guys. Recently bought the Reaper Of Souls dlc for D3. Installed just fine. On first launch (and every subsequent) I get an error from the battle.net desktop app saying

Your video card isn't supported by Diablo III. For reference, you have:

Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3
Video Card: Wine D3D DirectDraw Emulation

My graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 660m.

If I hit play anyways I get no splash, a grey box, and an error saying "Click to retry creating D3D device." If I click retry a few times it'll finally give me a cancel option.

I've looked over and tried everything on both the Wine Appdb page and the Tips and Tricks section. I'm at a loss.

This is weird, wine should definitely know about GTX 660M chips... but I wonder if there are revisions out there that maybe have a different PCI ID.

Can you put here between [code][/code] tags the output of lspci -vnn | grep VGA -A 12 ?

Does your video card work well with other games either running through wine or native?

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GK107M [GeForce GTX 660M] [10de:0fd4] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:2115]
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 46
    Memory at f6000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
    Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    Memory at f0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
    I/O ports at e000 [size=128]
    [virtual] Expansion ROM at f7000000 [disabled] [size=512K]
    Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [68] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [78] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [b4] Vendor Specific Information: Len=14 <?>
    Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel

My card works just fine with everything else. I've got a massive steam library and slightly large Linux Steam library.

Well, the PCI ID is the same as defined here on line 1492. I guess it's "file a ticket" time :/

The driver version we report to the game is a bit older. Maybe the game is complaining about that. But in this case I'd expect more people to have this issue.

Well I guess I'll drop a support ticket. I'm not sure what else I can do on my end.

Donny Roe wrote:

This one has me stumped guys. Recently bought the Reaper Of Souls
dlc for D3. Installed just fine. On first launch (and every
subsequent) I get an error from the battle.net desktop app saying

Your video card isn't supported by Diablo III. For reference, you
have:

Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3
Video Card: Wine D3D DirectDraw Emulation

My graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 660m.

I have your ticket, I'll respond there if we find anything extraordinary out. I have a few questions.

What driver and version are you using? Do you have the 32bit libraries installed?

Can you add the output of:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag --debug
(where /opt/cxoffice may be ~/cxoffice, depending on how you installed)

While we're testing out a fresh install of Diablo III...

I once had this issue with my AMD system. Instead of clicking OK, I dismissed the box and Diablo III would load without issue. Have you tried this?

$ sudo /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag
[MissingLibCapi20]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libcapi20.so.3 library"
"Description"="Provides support for some ISDN cards. Very few applications need this."

[MissingLibGphoto2]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgphoto2.so.6 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access digital cameras."

[MissingLibGsm]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libgsm.so.1 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications use the GSM codec for audio compression and decompression."

[MissingLibHal]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libhal.so.1 library"
"Description"="This may be needed for Windows applications to automatically detect CD-ROM and USB key insertion."

[MissingLibOsmesa]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libOSMesa.so.6 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some games and CAD-like applications to perform off-screen rendering."

[MissingLibSane]
"Level"="Recommend"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libsane.so.1 library"
"Description"="Lets Windows applications access scanners."

[MissingLibTiff]
"Level"="Suggest"
"Title"="Missing 32bit libtiff.so.4 library"
"Description"="This is needed by some applications that need to manipulate TIFF images in their user interface."

[Properties]
"display.depth"="24"

[Properties]
"opengl.vendor"="NVIDIA Corporation"

[Properties]
"opengl.version"="4.4.0 NVIDIA 340.32"

[Properties]
"opengl.renderer"="GeForce GTX 660M/PCIe/SSE2"

It is a Fresh install of Diablo III
Driver version is 340.32 and I do have 32-bit libraries installed. The only popup I've had is the one in the forum post.

I'm not sure if it was an update in Arch or what but I noticed today that Diablo III was working a little different. When I hit play I didn't get the same error messages as before. Just that it couldn't work on the current graphic settings. So I went into D3prefs in Documents and changed it from Fullscreen to Windowed...and got the same error. But when I changed it to Fake Fullscreen, it kinda worked. So I dropped the resolution down a bit and now I've got Diablo III working. After a little tweaking I've got it running in 1600 x 900 and running well. The only issue I have now is once you exit you have to completely kill the bottle and open it back up for it to work, otherwise it'll hang on Retrieving Heroes.

But I'll take what I can get. Thanks for all the help everyone. The Help Ticket can be closed, as I have a feeling it was an update for my computer that caused the issue. The game hasn't been updated and that's the only thing that's changed on my system.

You do run the Battle.net client with the setarch command as recommended in the Tips&Tricks section, right?

No, as of the 2.0.1 that tip is depreciated I think

No, it's not.

The original tip was about running the diablo iii executable directly. I'm the one that revised the tip to run the battle.net client with that command. Then you simply start the game by pressing the play button but the client itself needs to be run with setarch.

The client itself runs just fine on my rig. It's only in the menus in Diablo III that I'm having issues now.

Yes, the Battle.net Desktop Client will run fine regardless, the problem is the game. Unless you run the B.net Desktop Client with setarch, the game will act up. The relevant page on winehq tells you the same thing:

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=29952

Honestly, instead of arguing back in forth with me, you could've just tried to do what I suggested. Suit yourself :)

1 to 14 of 14

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicmJ0SzdWaDlMaEF5M0xoOCIsImdkcHIiOjB9