Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game hangs on server authenticication process

Game hangs almost always on first authenticiation to server or when creating a game. First authenticiation says Mit Battle net verbinden, Authentifiziert and then, on the final step, where loading characters it seems to fail. I tried it on different computers with ubuntu 14.04 x64 and newest crossover.
It seems, whenever the game fails to conect to battle net immediately , it does not try again and fail. All I could do is to kill the game processes and restart the game a few times, until it function. If it works, it works almost immediately, if not, it seem not matter how long I wait.
Same thing, if the creation process of a game does not finish immediately . Then I got a message, that the servers are full and I have to wait, for example for 2 seconds. But thats all. Nothing more happens.
Also there are problems if I try to change the difficulty, but I think for the same reasons as above.

This has been discussed before:

Freeze at Heroes during authentication

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYmRSZVVyNFp4Y3RaRlN2ciIsImdkcHIiOjB9