Diablo III Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

XP/Vista support being dropped

Battle.net has been reporting that XP/Vista support will be dropped soon. Is there any plan to update the XP bottles for D3 to Win7? Is there a way to upgrade the existing bottle without having to create a new Win7 bottle and reinstall D3/RoS completely?

In your Diablo III bottle, expand the Control Panels folder, and run Wine Configuration. Change Windows Version to Windows 7. This should work.

No luck with that solution here. Starting the application using Windows 7 as the bottle OS brings me to a dialog box titled "Blizzard Error", with the message "The application experienced an unexpected error."

Has anyone gotten this to work with a bottle OS other than XP?

I have tried Windows 7 32bit bottle, and 64 bit as well. Then moved onto Windows 10 32 and 64 bit but all 4 of these end up the same. I am hoping that someone is working on this or can point me in the right direction to fix it myself.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic2RxcDlINjlQY3FQVjUzNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9