Dishonored Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

almost everything works

The game starts fine, loads, intro plays and displays but as soon as it switches to the part where the game actually starts, I see a black screen with the UI on it and nothing else.

Games based on the Unreal engine have always been problematic to run on wine. If you are able to, I would go to the graphics settings and try to set everything to minimum, turn shadows off, anisotropic filtering to the lowest setting, draw distance to low or medium, motion blur, anti-aliasing (maybe called something else like TXAA, MXAA, FXAA - hope I got them right :) ).

Then, if this works, start turning stuff back on one at a time and see how the game works.

--

I forgot, always disable the steam overlays - requires to get into the Steam client settings

Oops, sorry to be so late in responding; must have missed your response.

Thank you and I did all that and it cleared up insofar as I could see the black screen wasn't...it was, in fact, part of the bridge that "covered" the whole screen. I tested a bit more using my saves and I am finding I can usually walk around a few steps until some piece of furniture/surroundings starts to cover the screen. If I know exactly where I am I can walk around and interact with stuff and I assume I would at some point walk out of that black cover. Also, I see ghosting images (at 90 degrees) sticking out from peoples heads. Looks surreal and funny but all together it makes the game unplayable.

I see a lot of people saying on winehq that it works very well. Are you using the CX 12 beta? That is based on wine 1.5.15 and should be able to run the game with no flaws. At least on systems with nvidia cards in them.

Hmmm...I wasn't but now I am and now, it won't run at all anymore as I have this (I think known) problem with Steam wherein I get the icon at the bottom and nothing happens after that. Dito for all the other Steam games so I need to fix that first.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWWEyQzZUMjNYQUpVNjI1SCIsImdkcHIiOjB9