Divine Divinity Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

This game works on a Mac - Find out how here

Complete gameplay was not tested, but I was able to get the game to start and run for a few minutes without major issues.

Tested under CrossOver Games 7.11, which was installed on a first generation MacBook with Intel GMA 950 integrated Graphics and Leopard (10.5.6). The game I have is an unpatched, v1.33a Traditional Chinese version (the language shouldn't make much of a difference) on 3CDs.

Steps taken:

1. Put in the first install disc. The game will not install normally (asks you to insert disc 1 at about 5%, which would of course be already in your CD drive), so don't even try. Open Finder and manually copy everything on the CD to a new folder somewhere on your hard drive.

2. When that's done, put in the second disc and copy all the files to the same folder. Do the same for the third disc.

3. Open CrossOver's software installer, choose "Install Unsupported Software..." and follow the directions (I installed in a new winxp bottle), when it requests for the location of the installer, Select "Choose Installer Folder..." and find the folder you created (which contains the folders disc1, disc2, disc3 and all othe other files), use that.

4. Install the game, there should be no stopping issues (I had a problem with sound.rar, but I suspect it's isolated).

5. I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS MATTERS, if someone can confirm whether or not the game works without doing this, please reply below Go to the Preferences dialogue of CrossOver, go to "Installer Assistant," deselect "Hide service packs and dependencies." Go to the software installer and install the now-visible DirectX Runtime.

Now if you try to run the game, you'd find that it works, but with graphical glitches. Here's how you'd get it to run without the issues.

1. Quit CrossOver. Go to System Preferences -> Displays and select "Thousands" from the Colors drop-down menu (change it back after you're done playing the game).

2. Start CrossOver. Run Divine Divinity Configuration Utility (under "Programs" -> "Divine Divinity"), choose DirectDraw for rendering method. Click Test, and then Apply and Close.

3. Run the game. It should now work fine.

I have an I-Mac running leopard. I can get the game to install, run the direct X tests. Make changes to the Divine Divinity Config screen. But when I run the game, the Divine Divinity Icon appears in the Dock but nothing happens. Any Ideas?

Hm, in my experiance this can be attributed to crossovers problems with play-cds (you know? with most games you have to have a game-cd in your cd drive).
my advice: try a no cd crack.

avarchillion

I was able to install the game. But encountered the graphical glitches. However it would appear that Snow Leopard cannot change the color mode. The regedit listed in the article does not work. In addition the game configuration tool does not have the option to change the rendering mode. The developers released a slightly modified version of the game for digital distribution.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am using 8.1.4 of crossover games.

Ed W wrote:

I was able to install the game. But encountered the graphical
glitches. However it would appear that Snow Leopard cannot change
the color mode. The regedit listed in the article does not work.
In addition the game configuration tool does not have the option to
change the rendering mode. The developers released a slightly
modified version of the game for digital distribution.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am using 8.1.4 of crossover games.

You have to download the Divine Divinity demo (e.g. from http://www.fileplanet.com/87654/80000/fileinfo/Divine-Divinity-Demo -- there are a lot of dead links out there for the demo, but this one worked for me) and copy its configtool.exe to your Divine Divinity folder (you can rename it to avoid overwriting the original configtool.exe). Then run this demo configtool.exe (via Programs -> Run Command) and it will enable you to select DirectDraw instead of Direct3D.

I'm playing the GOG 1.5 release and it generally works fine this way (I get occasional crashes by accidentally pressing ctrl+space, which often somehow triggers dropping and using the teleport stones followed by a crash).

However, I'm now in the scrying room of the Council of Seven and there it consistently crashes as soon as I try to use the scrying pedestals :( According to the Larian support pages you can avoid this crash by switching to DirectDraw or software rendering, but that doesn't help for me.

And for the record: the 9.0 beta doesn't solve the Council problem, unfortunately.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoielQ5WnJ2TXNhRWdIVmZaZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9