Dota 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Dota 2 Beta

Hi...
Today i was one of the lucky bastards who received a betakey for the Steam-based Dota2..
as most of the games its for windows right now and so i decided to give it a try with crossover...
i installed steam.. which worked without any problems at all..
and i also downloaded and installed my dota 2 beta...
but when i tried to start dota2...
the screen went white... nothing changed..
i just heard the background sound of the valve intro..
but no visuals at all..

i assume its pretty hard to get any feedback concerning a beta game.. but maybe someones knows some common tipps concerning the issue with a white screen.. well im just tying to play the game :D

ty in advance

got the same results. White screen. Help please.

Well, come party with us in the Dota2 Beta entry...

Have you set your launch options in Steam to:

-novid -nod3d9ex

Without '-nod3d9ex' Dota 2 will not run at all. If you get that far and it's still not running, post back and we'll see if we can help.

In installed the game, VC2010 and corefonts and added the suggested launch options in game properties in steam.
The game launched and the initial main screen worked fine. I created a bot game to test but as soon as i joined the game, at character selection it seemed that the map graphics loaded for a second and then it crashed and stayed in that screen.
I am running on Ubuntu 11.10 with an nvidia 560.
I ve read some reports on the winhq forums that the pulse audio is the one crashing the game and there are some workarounds.
Any suggestions?

OK everything runs fine now with sound.
Basically i killed pulseaudio before the game and force-loaded the alsa driver. The only problem is that because alsa sucks at multiple channels i dont have the sound from the hdmi connection but i have to use headphones through regular audio connection which is dota i use anyway.

Im having a strange problem with it. I did everything, installed and such and put in the -novid and -nod3d9ex to the launch options, but when i start my game, the game just sticks on the loading page and the game doesnt start up. What exactly else did you do to get it to work?

Maybe this thread can help:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=10129;forum=1;msg=126373

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZjN4YlVLVmhwbXBTVDJ3eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9