Dota 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Keyboard 'disabled' in-game

Edit: nevermind reinstall ended up correcting this.

New keyboeard related bug I have been having and didn't want to get another thread going:

My computer sometimes cuts off of Dota 2, what is happening exactly is that Dota 2 still runs fine no lag no connection issue nothing. However my keyboard & my mouse do not respond in game. The only solution i have right now is to exit crossover via cmd+q.
I can't get where these errors come from so does anyone have a lead?

Specs: Macbook pro, version 10.8.2, Intel core duo and 4GB memory.

Interesting. I've got similar issue but my mouse works fine:) I only need to click on the button the quit the game and restart. However I'm playing The Witcher via Steam, and its Mac version is actually an embed standalone Wine app. When I'm playing that, the Steam overlay cannot receive my clicks. Therefore, I've never succeeded in closing the CD-Key window in the overlay.
The focus might actually be on another window when the key presses and clicks doesn't seem to work. Steam for Mac also behaves weird sometimes. Occasionally if you click on another window while the current 'window' is Steam's menu (right-click ones and those in Preferences), the menu is simply overlapped by that window, instead of disappearing, with the focus still on the menu. This caused several destructive mis-action for me (e.g. refresh the webpage when doing store transactions, stop the page's loading process without notice, etc.)

I'm using MBA 13" mid-2012, and for me the hero's portrait on the right of the mini-map never appeared in-game. Nor do the units' portraits when multiple units are selected. That makes playing Enchantress and Chen a nightmare because you cannot tell which is for which of your creeps. Is that same for you?

This bug also happens when i have exclusively Dota 2 running via crossover and nothing else. Could the focus go off on the steam window? Anyways i haven't experienced this since crossover 12but it was rare anyways and I haven't been playing a whole lot yet, but it could have been fixed.

As for the hero portraits i never saw them before but the greeveling go them up and running for me... definitly going to try a micro hero soon and add an answer.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ2gySjhOZFRXUnFudGhtWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9