Dota 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DOTA 2 ratio 4:3 can't change

Hi, Ive just installed dota 2 through Steam on Mac OS Lion.

I've typed in the code -novid -nod3d9ex

However the screen is in 4:3 and I can't seem to change to 16:9

and also, is there a way to tab out while in game? The only way to get out for me is CMD + Q, which quits the game

Thank you for your time

Same issues, resolution changes make the game crash and to tab out of the game to go back to desktop or any other window cannot be done for me. Don't think there's much to do about this but resolution could be fixed. I'll try and find out more.

Resolution can be set outside of the game using configuration files instead of needing to do so in-game because this is a source game.

Add the following to launch options (once should be enough)
(-noborder) -window -width 1280 -height 720
you could ignore -noborder and change the width and height parameter.
Question: I can't see heroes' portrait in game (could see them in 'hero cards'). Is that the same for you?

Jerry1144 wrote:

Add the following to launch options (once should be enough)
(-noborder) -window -width 1280 -height 720
you could ignore -noborder and change the width and height
parameter.
Question: I can't see heroes' portrait in game (could see them in
'hero cards'). Is that the same for you?

Does this change the ratio though?

I believe not seeing portraits ingame is a glitch involved with "too bad a graphics card." That was what previous results of mine showed. However, if you could tell me your graphics card of your computer, maybe we could find a trend?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNE1IdHNMVXRLSjJaWHFyZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9