Dota 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Dota 2 Bright Light bug

So I got Dota 2 to work pretty well with Crossover. I was having some issues with my mini map but got that resolved. The only thing that seems to be an issue (and a pretty large issue I have come to realize) is that sometimes a few of the heroes will have a very very bright glow around them to the point where I only see a massive glowing ball rather than the hero themselves. This can be a problem because it gets tricky figuring out where to attack. It isn't all the time except on some heroes but only when they are using their actions. Anyone else have this issue and found a way to solve it?

Thank you.

Yeah, I have this bug, too, both in my notebook using GeForce 8200M and the one using 485M, both running Kubuntu Linux. This is what I meant in this thread about Luna's aura:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=10129;forum=1;msg=126373

Reading about this bug in Wine forums it seems to be an issue solved in new versions, so maybe in next Crossover release...

Was an issue but it is fixed for me now. Is that the case for everyone?

Apparently this was solved with the newer version of Wine embedded in Crossover Linux 12.0.0! Tested in my Core i7 with Geforce 285M, just perfect, including the intro video.

In my Core2Duo with GeForce 8200M, it was necessary to run with the -nod3d9ex parameter, however. Nevertheless, after disabling several graphics effects and using medium textures (at mere 1024x768 window...), it runs OK. Very playable!

I've rated this game as Gold medal, now. May have some bugs, still, but it runs VERY well.

Yeah, there was some problem with sRGB write correction and blending. Note that pre-dx10 GPUs like Geforce 7 and Radeon X1000 cards are still affected by the bug. That was true on Windows as well when I tested it a few months ago, not sure if Valve fixed it yet.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRVBOZzZ5cWVCS0dRQWhVbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9