Dota 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

graphics problem from hell

Hi. Don't see anyone else with quite my problem.... I'm running the latest Crossover on an i7 Gentoo system with an Nvidia 690 card. Steam installs and starts up fine. Dota 2 installs fine, but when I try to run it, the display goes all very low res and wonky; and even when I can see the menu, I can't click on it. Given the complete lack of responsiveness, it's hard to troubleshoot.

The 690 is basically two 680's on the same PCB which is pretty much SLI.

Take a look at this

Try to start the game in windowed mode (command line parameter "-window"). If you want to run it in fullscreen, change the settings in the game, make sure to select the same resolution as your desktop and remove "-window" from the command line options before the next launch.

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

The 690 is basically two 680's on the same PCB which is pretty much
SLI.

Yes, that's why I went for it rather than a 680.

Will try enabling SLI when I get home and see if that makes a difference.

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

Try to start the game in windowed mode (command line parameter
"-window").

At the moment I'm trying to start it from within (the MS Windows version of )Steam (which appears to run fine). Is that not what I want to do? Otherwise, how do I tell Steam to pass on that that option?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTVZZYzZVZ3RFemFnMk1RMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9