Dota 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 13 not working as good as 12

Did anyone noticed that updating to crossover 13 makes the game not work as good as in 12? I had to take all my video preferences to the lowest and on 12 I played almost on maximum quality with no lag or freezes.

Nobody even tested Dota 2 during the beta cycle since this title has native clients for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Maybe Stefan will still be interested. Does performance get better if you disable CSMT?

Hi, I believe that some mac users tested it because the mac version is still very unstable and the crossover version was almost flawless, also right now is not beta anymore but the game title on the crossover database still refers to the beta version.

As for CSMT I don't know what it means but it might be a good way to boost performance, can you explain it to me a little bit?

Lelugo wrote:

Did anyone noticed that updating to crossover 13 makes the game not
work as good as in 12? I had to take all my video preferences to the
lowest and on 12 I played almost on maximum quality with no lag or
freezes.

It would be amazing if you could tell us exactly what your running and what graphics card you have.

Then perhaps we could reproduce what you're seeing or make further suggestions.

Hi Caron, Im using a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro retina with a 2.6 i7, 8 GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.

I was also thinking that the problem was that I changed to Mavericks but crossover 12 worked fine on Mavericks and 13 doesn't work that well.

I started to experiment glitches on the 3D models of characters, the game has problems when starting a new game(it sounds like an scratched record repeating the same sound over and over) and sometimes it freezes there, and finally at times it halts in the midlle of the game. (all this at maximum quality video and audio).

I tried to reduce the quality of video and audio to the minimum but still I have the same problems.

Have you tried disabling "Performance enhanced graphics"? There is a tick/check box in the Advanced tab of the bottle.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV0w4U1VBZHlDRjdYck1yVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9