Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Failed to install

Tried twice to install, but just hangs at what seems to be the end of the process, with the "next" option of the installation wizard disabled

Happy to try and find out more if someone can give me some pointers

I realised that I was using an older version of Cw .. so the fault report above was wrong. Need to check it again ...

After two further attempts I can confirm that installation just does not complete. The Nuance download manager starts, and completes a download, then InstallShield starts up. Entering the licence key seems to work, and the installation continues. The progress bar appears to reach 100%, but just stops at that point. I left it for about 90 minutes just to make sure it wasn't just slow, but it proceeded no further. Cancelling InstallShield does nothing either.

The InstallShield dialogue and Nuance Download Manager remained open even after I had cancelled the installation via Cw and closed Cw.

As an aside, I was also unable to open the debug file, but perhaps it is a binary file.

With the latest CrossOver (11.0) install procedure completes. Program starts, but now the audio-setup hangs: sound system not found. I tried to cure this by changing the sound devices in wine configuration. The headset works in the test-mode of this, but unfortunately DNS still will not recognize it. I have not the knowledge to cure this.

W.F. Glimmerveen wrote:

With the latest CrossOver (11.0) install procedure completes.
Program starts, but now the audio-setup hangs: sound system not
found. I tried to cure this by changing the sound devices in wine
configuration. The headset works in the test-mode of this, but
unfortunately DNS still will not recognize it. I have not the
knowledge to cure this.

Do you mean your headset works when testing from Ubuntu or from DNS or from Wine Configuration?

You are probably best off checking your sound settings within Ubuntu and verifying that you have your specific headset selected (and that it works... you can test this with the sound recorder, if you get poor quality sound something is not working properly). Once everything is working with Ubuntu natively (sound settings and the sound recorder), then try launching DNS again to see if the problem has resolved itself.

That's very odd. I installed DNS 10 without issue. Can you give some details about your system? I.E. Mac/Ubuntu, etc.

Sorry for my very late response. I was talking about DNS on Mac OS X Lion.
In the meanwhile (after filing a ticket) the problem has been solved. I did put a small review on the site.

Hmph...I can't seem to get it installed..getting some sort of error about storage share mode

** Thu Nov 8 12:20:31 2012
Starting '/Users/gwyner/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wineloader' 'winewrapper.exe' '--workdir' '/Users/gwyner/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 11/drive_c/Program Files/Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 11' '--start' '--'
'/Users/gwyner/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 11/drive_c/Program Files/Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 11/Unwrap.exe'

fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
err:msi:ACTION_InstallFiles Failed to copy L"C:\Program Files\Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 11\CommonAppData\FLEXnet\Connect\11\ui\images\content_back_alert.jpg" to L"C:\users\Public\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\11\ui\images\content_back_alert.jpg" (2)
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"InstallFiles" returned 1603
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"ExecuteAction" returned 1603

Hi Gabe

What are you installing it on?

Hello out there!
I have never been able to get Dragon ANY VERSION to work under Crossover directly in Linux.
HOWEVER - Using VBOX on Windows 7 running Ubuntu it does work.
Annoyingly - as a User not Tech-type, I have big problems getting Linux installations to work.
Warning: Mint is total no go - but as I've learned Mint failure is VERY common and even tech-heads have trouble with it depending on the hardware.
Ubuntu I have got to go, but like a snail. Have no idea how to speed it up (No usable support response from Ubuntu or VBox)

Dragon v12 Premium on Windows 7 on Samsung R780 Laptop 4g/500g/

Hope this helps someone out there,

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZVJaQVF5TVE3ZWZaUnNkeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9