Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 working under Mac OS X Lion

This review was done using Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 premium (version 11.00.200.367). Originally I was using this program on a PC. After switching to Apple I had the problem that there are no modules in my native language (Dutch) for MacDictate. Therefore I tried to use the PC program under crossover. Initially this didn't work because of problems with the audio capture. Filing a ticket led to a solution as you can see.
Of course I cannot use all the possibilities of the program: all kinds of "niceties" working in PC Windows environment do not work. The basics however do. It's quite possible to dictate into DragonPad and program accepts even my rather poor pronunciation of English. It is unfortunately not very well possible to save the produced document, one has to do with selecting, copying and pasting in a Mac word processor. Since Dragon is being steered by quite a lot of scripts, I think it might be possible to use more of the original commands by adapting them.
If your main language is English (and you are not on Linux) by all means go for the Apple solution (Mac dictate), all others could take this road.
Two small screen movies were uploaded by me for you to you evaluate.
http://youtu.be/FR3H7fSWhrU
http://youtu.be/cUXtG66u_vk

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRlNGclpua1JZWUN3Wll3NCIsImdkcHIiOjB9