Driver: Parallel Lines Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Please help i have no sound

I installed the game fine but when i run it it has no sound, in the audio options there is no sound card available to choose. I´m in a new imac.
Please help!

Hi,

I've only had the iMac for about a month or so, and so haven't gotten around
to checking all my advocated apps on it yet -- I just loaded Driver Parallel Lines
onto the iMac here (11,2 - hd5670) and can confirm that on that machine there is
no sound -- sound seems to work fine on the linux systems here however....

I'll get a debuglog together and see where that leads -- in the meantime can you
post back details on your Mac's model/OSX version/videocard please?

Cheers!

My iMac is the 21,5" base model with intel core i3 3,06GHz, 4 Gb RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256 MB, the mac os version is 10.6.4.

Great, thank you! I'll append this thread to the ticket, that way both
our Macs are covered ... if I come up with any insights I'll post back
to this thread.

Oh!...this is the Steam release you refer to here? (this title is
available from a number of different vendors)

Cheers!

I don't think so... The game came in a video games magazine here in Portugal.

Okay....thanks for the info!

Cheers!

sorry.. i'm kinda noob. what do i need to do now?

Hi again,

Ahh....my apologies...an explanation is in order. As this is an unsupported
application, there is no 'official' support to fix this problem as such. That
said, if the app is advocated** (it is by myself) then debug logs can be created
and submitted to the Codeweaver's ticket system (this has been done btw). If/when
one of the Codeweaver's staff/devs has a look at the ticket, they might see something
they recognize and pass on any insights they have. Other times, they may ask me
to chase this issue over at WineHQ, or even try to recreate the issue in wine pure,
and if I can, do some regression testing (with wine) to try help isolate whether
it's a wine patch or crossover patch responsible for the problem.

..Further to this here, I've just been doing some comparative testing on the linux
boxes I have (with the Steam version of this game), and it appears there's another
issue as well, so I have to try ascertain whether it's a Steam update or else the
current Crossover version (or both) causing dramas with the Steam release -- I doubt
this has anything to do with the version you have. If I discover it's actually the
Crossover version that has something to do with it, then it might be a regression
in Crossover itself....hard to say right now.

These things take time. You could help eliminate the possibility that the Crossover
version is part ways responsible -- to do that, you would need to download and install
the -previous- Crossover Games release (9.0) and check the game with that version. If
you're not entitled to download the 9.0 release, either become and advocate or email
info@codeweavers.com explaining that you want a copy of CXG-9.0 to check that out.

Elsewise, it's a matter of having patience and waiting 8)

Cheers!

**Note: non-advocates (customers) can submit support tickets and debug logs as well,
but as that can get a bit technical, it's sometimes easier for advocates to do that
on your behalf as I have done (seeing as I have the same title and can recreate the
problem)

OK i'll try that.

In version 9.0 it has no sound and has two mouse cursors.

Sorry i don't now how long these things take but it's been two days and i am dying to play it, please tell me when this is going to be ready and i won't bother you until then.

Hi,

I've been informed by one of the Codeweavers Ninjas that the next release
of Crossover Games should bring with it a number of sound fixups -- whether
or not that helps in this case, is unclear....the only way to ascertain that
is by testing. As it is one of my advocated apps, that testing falls to me,
and so I'll be the first to know whether the new build(s) fix this problem
or not -- I'll post back here when/if I know anything more concrete.

As for how long this will take...more than several days, less than several
months is a safe estimate. Right now, I don't even know if the next Crossover
Games release will fix this sound issue or not ; if it doesn't the ticket might
then become a bug, and we'd be looking at a Crossover release beyond the next
one...only time will tell...and these things do take time 8)

Best thing you can do is monitor this thread, and just wait for a posting
to appear. I realize you're new to all this, so I just thought I'd explain
it for you, so you didn't sit around 'holding your breath' as they say.

Cheers!

hey dude, im kind of new in this webpage, how exactly do i get driver parallel lines for my mac, cause there is not a download link or something, sorry for bother u !!

bruno wrote:

hey dude, im kind of new in this webpage, how exactly do i get
driver parallel lines for my mac, cause there is not a download link
or something, sorry for bother u !!

Hi,

Well, I'm not even sure I would bother -- as you can see from this thread, this
title has no sound in OSX. I just retested it on the Mac with Crossover Games 10.1
and there is still no sound on the Mac ; works fine on my linux boxes though...

The game itself is available from a number of vendors -- I have the Steam release.
You would need go buy it from one of the current vendors (Steam, GOG.com, other)
and install it, but like I say, there will be no sound on the Mac (and this title
really needs to have sound to be enjoyable)...

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

1 to 14 of 14

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3YyQkhTVXJFZW10d1lXSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9