Dungeon Siege Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No longer works in CXG 7.2

Dungeon Siege no longer seems to work in CXG 7.2. The game launches just fine, but as soon as a savegame finishes loading, the graphics stop drawing to screen. THe game will appear frozen, but it is fact continuing to run behind the frozen screen. You can hear things reacting to the mouse, but you can no longer see anything but the very first frame drawn to screen.

When you try starting a new game, the cursor causes graphical streaking all over the screen, rendering it impossible to continue.

Have you sent in a ticket for this yet? We are actively looking into regressions for 7.2 so that we can get them fixed ASAP; but, if we don't have a ticket, it's hard for our developers to keep track of the regressions.

I would gladly do so, except that I am not allowed to. It says I have to purchase Crossover Games Mac in order to create a ticket.

I tested out Dungeon Siege also after seeing this posting, and can confirm there is a new issue under 7.2. After the initial startup movies (which continue to have the corruptions in them as before), the game seems to suddenly act verrrrrrry sluggish. The menu eventually comes up, and the cursor reacts to mouse movements, but with great delay. Basically the game is acting as if it is running on a system that is far under-powered for it, or is on a system that is far too low on memory or "resources".

I tried to submit a ticket as well, but get the same error as Clocknova does.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOFhaOUh6ZnpObjhGRXU5YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9