Dungeon Siege Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unsuccessful add-ons...

So far, I have been unable to run the following add-on programs related to Dungeon Siege. Has anyone else been successful?

1. Game Update: Updating file updating the game from 1.0 to 1.11.1462_english.exe. I have tried installing it from both the installer and from running it in the bottle. The installation seems to complete without problem, but after updating, the game will not start at all; it freezes the program on the black screen with the first dot at the bottom left. It seems to install fine, because otherwise the Dungeon Siege Tool Kit (v7) would not install, but I was able to get it to. Has anyone been able to get the updated version to run correctly?

2. GMax: Needed to make mods to the game. Seems to install fine, but will not run; when you try to run it, it does the start up dialogue, but the window for editing objects never comes up.

3. SiegeMax: Installs fine from the Dungeon Siege Tool Kit, but doesn't run because it cannot get GMax to start up.

4. SiegeEditor: Gives error upon startup and will not start.

Please let me know.

Hi,

Have a look at the following thread on wineHQ regarding Gmax ;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6303

Does the tip on that page actually help get Gmax running?

Cheers!

The two tips given are:

1. Remove the folder gmax/ui/macroscripts
    or
  2. Remove from it all files of form *.mcr

I tried both of these for the gmax, with no change in result. What happens is that when you go to start gmax, you get some initial window for a second that shows that Gmax is starting up. Then you get a window with two choices: a) visit their webpage, or b) continue to run the program. When you select to run the program, the window disappears (as it should), but the program window never opens; the program just terminates prematurely--no error messages or any indication that it has failed.

I haven't looked into what kubunto 8.04.3 is, that is mentioned in that wine link yet.

Hi,

kubuntu 8.04.3 is 'JALDBOD' - (just another linux distro based on debian), so you don't need worry about that.

Am I correct in presuming you're using Mac? (based on your choice of avatar)...

I am suspicious of something else at play here, but I would need you
to check this out (I don't have this title). Do one of the following;

1. download the demo of Crossover Standard - install it, and see if Gmax works there
    (you may still need to do the stuff mentioned on the wineHQ page

2. archive the bottle you've already created and worked on. Download the demo of
    Crossover Standard - install it, and then restore (add from archive) the bottle
    archive you just created

Let me know how you get on -- I'm wondering if this is related to wine versions

...btw, which version of Crossover are you using for this anyway?

Cheers!

The version of crossover I was using was CXGames 9.0. I also have installed CrossoverPro 9.0.1, which I just tested Gmax on and received the exact same behavior, even doing all of the "fixes" mentioned on WineHQ.

Yeah, I'm not sure what is up, since it doesn't even give me any error messages.

Hmmm...ok....just to mention it, have you tried enabling 'emulate a virtual desktop'
in winecfg yet?...it's sometimes worth trying...

Elsewise...it'd be time to gather a debuglog of events to try ascertain
what's actually going wrong...see this page;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/SubmitTechSupportLog

If you can create that logfile, gzip it and upload it to a free public
repo like rapidshare or the like, and then post the download URL back
here, I'll be able to have a look at it and perhaps see what's at fault...

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUnJ2ODg1ZTZIM1JaYk5ZNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9