Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Freeze on loading screen

I'm running Ubuntu 11.04, running the game in wine through pylotro 0.1.14. I've been able to get into the game, create a character, and play through the first tutorial dungeon, but now that I'm in the town, the game's been freezing on random loading screens. I also, despite having been told that the game only runs in fullscreen at default resolution, managed to crank it to fullscreen 1680x1050, which was lovely until the freeze, at which point nothing could get it OFF the screen, up to and including switching workspaces. Any idea how to stop the freezes, or at least change the settings such that I don't have to reboot when they happen?

Hi,

It is possible that setting it to that resolution, is exhausting the amount
of videoram you have (or what the program believes you have available) ; how
much videoram do you have, and which videocard is it?

....I can't seem to locate any file in the DDO install tree to changes things.
You might try enabling 'emulate virtual desktop' in the Wine Configuration
GUI -> Graphics tab area to try help get a handle on it..

Cheers!

My card's a Radeon HD 3600. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by video ram, though, sorry.

Jalathas wrote:

My card's a Radeon HD 3600. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by
video ram, though, sorry.

While this applies to CXG and LOTRO on the Mac, I suspect it may also apply to DDO and Linux distribs...
I have my CXG setup for LOTRO and don't see issues with DDO now.

1- Turn off the Vertex shader

2- set the Vram size...

see LOTRO "Tips & Tricks" entry "CrossOver Games - Mac Tweaks, from the Forums."

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2869;tips=1

I hadn't, but after doing both of those and returning to the default resolution, I've still had no luck. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

EDIT: After setting wine to emulate a virtual desktop the size of the default resolution, I've at least come to the realization that the game is actually crashing, not freezing. Rather than clogging up the screen, it goes away and reveals the window that allows me to abort it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZGFucmdmZTM1VlVRbVZ1QiIsImdkcHIiOjB9