Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unable to start DDO

I am having problems getting this to run on Ubuntu 11.04 - it seems to install fine, but will not start after login.

Details:
System: Ubuntu 11.04

Steps taken:

• Installed through normal process
  • Launch PyLotRo
  • Select DDO
  • Select program folder
  • Patch
  • Login -> Login successful

Result:

• The debug window pops up saying Finished and nothing more happens. The game doesn't load, there are no error messages in the debug window.

I have tried installing it multiple times now without any luck - anyone have any ideas for what I could try?

I have the same problem here too. any help would be great!

What happens, when after you submit your userid and password via "logon" in Pylotro.

You should get a Turbine Logo (swirlie thing with sound)
You should get a "splash screen" an add for DDO
You should then get a "searching screen" quickly followed by a "loading screen and status bar.
Lastly as the status bar completes, you should be on the Character selection/creation screen and the music begins playing.

As I recall, when DDO fails, it will generate dumps and logs in 2 or 3 locations.

If I remember correctly...

One is in the ~/Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online/ ... this is where your ddo.keymap file and UserPreferences.ini
files live (or should live) as well as any screen shots you might make later.

Anther location is
~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/<yours>/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/Turbine/

And finally (and this is probably the meaningful/useful one)

~/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/<yours>/drive_c/Program Files/Turbine/DDO Unlimited/

In this last directory, you may find a file "dndclient.log" which may or may not have anything useful in it.
If the client is actually crashing, it will say so here. If it is just hanging, it won't say anything useful.

Now that I know my client is crashing...is there anything that can be done?

See "Tips & Tricks" "Client crashing just before character selection screen"

That is what solved the client crash problem for me.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUmFaQnJtcjZLTFlXWEFtWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9