Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installer error

I wanted to take another look at DDO - I haven't logged in since before the F2P switch.

However when I run the crosstie the installer gets to the DDO installer it runs for a few seconds then throws an error that the installer exited but nothing is installed. Looking at the bottle pylotro is installed but DDO is nowhere to be found.

I am downloading a full client but I am hoping there is another solution that doesn't need a 90 minute download.

Shane Knysh wrote:

I wanted to take another look at DDO - I haven't logged in since
before the F2P switch.

However when I run the crosstie the installer gets to the DDO
installer it runs for a few seconds then throws an error that the
installer exited but nothing is installed. Looking at the bottle
pylotro is installed but DDO is nowhere to be found.

I am downloading a full client but I am hoping there is another
solution that doesn't need a 90 minute download.

Multiple hours is more like it :)

The DDO install is not as large as LOTRO's but it is still roughly 10GB in size. ... it takes a while to download.

The installation will ultimately wind up in <bottles>/<bottle>/drive_c/Program Files/Turbine/...

Got the full installer, installed and patched.

Now when I Start the game I get an error that I do not have the correct client installed.

I also have the grey hatching - but I know how to fix that.

Shane Knysh wrote:

Got the full installer, installed and patched.

Now when I Start the game I get an error that I do not have the
correct client installed.

Frequently, you will need to do multiple patch runs, both because of the "restart" which the patches want done and any random error.

You can run the patch process as often as you like. If there is nothing to patch, it will make the 3 (or is it 4, I forget offhand) and then declare FINISHED. Usually in about 30 seconds.

If there is more to be patched, it will do so.

downloaded the full installer on a windows machine and used that installer. game installs and launches...

now no sound :(

I thought I saw a solution for that in the forums: searching now.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicVQ2ZXYydndzYkVOVFNnZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9