Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error help: "The ‘Downloading Platform SDK Redistributable: GDI+’ task failed."

hey all, any idea why i'd be getting this error, pasted in full below, and the best way to remedy it? tried checking the knowledge base, to no avail. thanks.

[i]The ‘Downloading Platform SDK Redistributable: GDI+’ task failed.

Could not download the Platform SDK Redistributable: GDI+ installer.

The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1100.)
Continuing with the install may produce unpredictable results.[/i]

Some tie files depend on components downloaded from Microsoft. Last week, several older components appear to have been removed from the downloads which Microsoft makes available. We are in the process of addressing this for the supported applications in our AppDB, and will next begin to look at strategies for unsupported apps.

Wine does have a partial implementation of GDI+, so a reasonable thing to do is to just click 'skip this step' during the install and see what happens. However, as the error message says, whoever created the .tie file must have felt at the time that wine's GDI+ was insufficient, so the results of skipping that may not be good.

If you have an older bottle with this game already installed, you may want to 1.) create an archive of it; and 2.) keep that around to restore from in the future, if you need to.

As always, the goal is to have wine's implementation be sufficient that no native dlls are required to run your apps. In the meantime, it is useful for us to know how this app runs without the download.

thanks for the quick reply. i hit skip, so we'll see what happens -- that is, presuming i can get my mac to play nicely with pando. the downloader insists i have a firewall turned on, but that's not the case. sigh.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWWhlc3I2TVpiUjRZNmFkSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9