Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DDO finishes the install and...

I spent the last week trying mutliple times to get ddo installed, it finally installs, goes through the whole setup, puts up the icon, has everything done in the setup. I go to double click the icon....and nothing. What is going on?

Matthew Bennett wrote:

I spent the last week trying mutliple times to get ddo installed, it
finally installs, goes through the whole setup, puts up the icon,
has everything done in the setup. I go to double click the
icon....and nothing. What is going on?

Hi Matthew,

I assume you are on Linux? I started to fiddle around with CrossOver 2 days ago and can confirm for me with Fedora 17 x86_64 the pylotro.exe launcher won't work at all.
It starts initially, then you can run the wizard to find the game directory but it cannot load realm etc. or patch anything. Once closed it won't open at all anymore due to an SELinux error. I opened a ticket, since the pylotro.exe launcher is used by the official supported Lotro game as well.

The PyQT4 native Linux version works fine!
If you follow the steps on winehq under 'Install pylotro':
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2910

Once installed, start the native launcher and forget the one in the 'bottle' with DDO. You can choose the game, patch and launch it.

I might update, once I get a response to the ticket.

Don't give up, great game :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTVJ4TWFKWTdMVHhWVFYyMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9