Dungeons & Dragons Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[49:71:60961:FATAL: network_change_notifier_win.cc(54) Check Failed: 997L = = ret (997 vs. 50)

Everything was working fine last night before the downtime this morning. I know there was no update or patch. It was just them getting ready for tomorrows Mabar event. Now it crashes everytime right after the first loadbar reaches the end. This is just before the Character selection screen should appear. Any ideas?

Crossover Mac v9.2
Mac OS X 10.6.8
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Mac Pro 1,1 - 2.66 Quad
7 Gigs RAM

Turbine changed something site wide (LOTRO as well) this morning. Lots of strange happenings. I suspect internal networking issues again... which will "work themselves out" as the TTLs expire (I hope).

Well here we are with another patch to fix the mabar problem and still not working. I am still getting the same error. please help

OK so I decided to upgrade to Crossover 11 and it seem to fix the problem. (kind of)

I am able to play but I now get an error

[64:20:30808:ERROR:chrome_url_request_context.cc(94)] Cannot use V8 Proxy resolver in single process mode.

then I get this error 49 more times throughout gameplay over a few hours.

[64:48:9363562:ERROR:proxy_resolver_winhttp.cc(95)] WinHttpGetProxyForUrl failed: 12167

This seems a little strange, and I cant believe that I had to spend $60 to be able to play this one and only game when everything was working just fine.
I know this is most likely Turbine's fault for changing something that is not posted anywhere, and I cant believe I am the only one who is experiencing this issue. But it seems that whats happening.

At least I was able to play today.

So I suggest that DDO Unlimited be downgraded on Crossover 9 to "NOT WORKING AT ALL"
Im not sure if Crossover 10 would see the same issue

Thanks William for the responses. As always you are a big help, and Im glad that you are here to help those that are not as savvy with the inner workings of computer programs.

Thanks again, and take care

Not that this helps you, but it may help Codeweavers narrow down your problem - I can report that DDO works for me before and after the patch on Mac Crossover 11.2.2.

Also, I used to run DDO on Linux with older version of cxgames, and I was mighty impressed that the App install process was so seamless, right down to installing pylotro for me, and that all the audio, including mic, worked right the first time.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVEJ1d1lVZ3FuSnliZTYyYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9